Based in Los Angeles, CA, USA
October 29, 2016
PSYCHIC is a single player game that is equal parts Saturday morning cartoon and Choose-Your-Own-Adventure. Play as telepathic detective duo John Hollis and his cat sidekick Devo to search for a missing reality star who holds the cure to a deadly mind-altering Internet meme.
PSYCHIC was developed as an MFA project at USC’s Interactive Media and Games program. Team Psychic, led by Ascot Smith, is comprised of student designers, artists, engineers, and writers who are united by their passion for narrative games and the opportunity to help realize the telepathic cat-themed world of PSYCHIC. PSYCHIC is aimed for casual audiences who are interested in narrative games. Developed for mobile devices and Native TV platforms, PSYCHIC aims to create a TV-like game experience. Ascot Smith is a game designer and filmmaker interested in creating interactive stories that blur the boundaries between games and TV. Smith currently resides in Los Angeles, CA with his wife and non-telepathic cat.
- Discover secret clues and hidden thoughts while reading minds as a telepathic detective
- Activate secret conversations with your feline sidekick using the “Devo Button”
- Created for fans of visual novels, branching narrative games, and old-school point and click adventure games
- Classic Hanna-Barbera-inspired cartoon art and animation style
Psychic Game Play Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Google Play Indie Games Festival Selection" September 2016
- "Play Fest Showcase Selection" May 2017
- "Terminus Golden Joystick Award Nomination" June 2017
Creative Director, Writer
Art Director, UI